Styled Text example
Let's see how to use the Styled Text component. It is a Flash component (Flash CS3 or above, ActionScript 3).
- You should download the free Styled Text component and install it.
- Open the new Flash file.
- Open the Components window (Ctrl-F7 or Window>Components), select the LFEBox/StyledText item and drag it to the Stage.
- Open the Properties window (Ctrl-F3 or Window>Properties). Change the width to 500 and the height to 180.
- Open the Component Inspector window (Shift-F7 or Window>Component Inspector). Enter Hello to the text field. Then change the size to 180.
- Component will be redrawn and you will see
- Let's play with parameters. Set #66FFFF to the lightColor and #3399FF to the materialColor.
- Set #66FFFF to the lightColor, #3399FF to the materialColor and change the style to "Style 2".
- This tool gives you plenty of opportunities to create expressive styles. Enjoy it.
- It is important! The Styled Text component uses internally embedded fonts. So you should embed all glyphs used.
The most convenient way is to add a Dynamic Text with the same font-family and font-style.
- Then click the Character Embedding button and enter letters to embed.
You can download the source of this example here.