Snow Effect creates a realistic snow animation. You can use it to add a winter look to any website.
Snow Effect is an ActionScript 3 Flash component. You can use it within Flash CS3 or above.
- Optimized for CPU and memory usage
- User defined snowflake templates
- Dynamic wind and gravity
- Contains simple embedded xml-driven slide-show
- blurCoeff - Number (default value 0.4). Specifies the euristic blur multiplier. This value is used at initialization, so you can't change it at run time.
- flakeSamples - Array (default value ). An array that contains the names of snowflake templates. You can use any Library symbol as snowflake template. If you enter a wrong name then Snow Effect component will use the default spherical template. This value is used at initialization, so you can't change it at run time.
- gravity - Number (default value 0.4). Specifies the gravity value. You can change the gravity at run time.
- numOfFlakes - Number (default value 1000). Specifies the number of snowflakes. This value is used at initialization, so you can't change it at run time.
- wind - Number (default value 0). Specifies the wind value. You can change the wind at run time.
- public function load(slideList:XMLList=null):void - Starts the snow animation. You can play a simple background slide show also. In this case you should specify the slideList parameter. Every slide is described by an image tag with attributes url(required), duration(optional), wind(optional) and gravity(optional) (see sources of the Example 2).
Download and install
Click here to download Snow Effect component. Double-click on the file loaded or use the Extension Manager (Help>Manage Extensions...) and follow instructions.
To use the Snow Effect component open the Component panel (Ctrl-F7 or Window>Components) and drag the SnowEffect item to the Stage.